Saturday, November 17, 2007

It's really too early to post...

A few odds 'n ends this early Saturday morning...

First of all, I'm taking machine in to the doctor for a check-up. I feel like Linus without his blankey. Waah! I'll be travelling this coming week, so it's a perfect time for it to go in. I'll also set up the other machine, which is still in its moving box, and assess its status as well. I actually can quilt a few things on the old Kenmore, so here's hoping I can get some stuff done done and crossed off the list.

I had great illusions of grandeur yesterday about getting a ton of things done when work was done at 12:45. I went home and took a nap instead. Best use of time; I felt great when I woke up. DH came home from Decatur and we went to get DD. DD decided to stay for parents night out (daycare stays open late so parents can go out - well worth the $7 per hour), so we went to my work's happy hour, had dinner, socialized, came home, watched a movie on tivo and then got DD. Worked for her, worked for us.

I retreated successfully last weekend, so this weekend's goal is to cut a lot. I want to finish cutting the Dad quilt, plus the patches for the King quilt, plus the piano key border for the Batik Lover's quilt. So I will cut like mad, tidy a bit more down here, and get ready for the machine's triumphant return! I need about 3 more hours down here busting tail and I will really be in good shape. So I hope to get 'r done this weekend.

Dinner's already in the crockpot (beef stew) and it;s time to get going to the dealer and to haircuts up north.

1 comment:

Cher said...

welcome to blogland...and tracking your quilty doings...you will find uploading photos to not be too difficult...give a holler and I will help...