Well, well, well. Neither 6 nor 12 have been pulled so far this year, so this is a new box to delve into. What do we have?
6a Bird Crewel – A piece of needlepoint needing some finishing. Status: In pieces.
6b Beau’s – I swapped with Nancy , Near Philadelphia for the Miss Mellie quilt and Ashley’s quilt. It only makes sense that I bring everything together for a huge quilt called Beau’s quilt. Status: Most blocks completed.
6c Dog Bandannas – I have many bandannas from my dog and a friend’s. Status: In pieces.
6d Black & White BOM – The BOM won’t finish until July, but when it’s done it will be finished in blue and hopefully go to DD. Status: Some blocks completed.
The obvious way to go is 6a the Bird Crewel. I may just do that.
6b is a ginormous project, so I hope to make some progress on it this month. I want to lay everything out and see if I can get a pleasing design. By rights, there are no more blocks to do; we’re down to making the top and quilting the danged thing. Let’s aim to get the top figured out by June 16 so that I can buy backing when I go to get the last BOM blocks for 6d.
6c would be fun to get done, so let’s see how that one comes together when I take it out. While I may not finish it this month, this may be one that just sort of stays out and it gets moved forward bit by bit. No crime in that.
6d is well-timed. June is the last pick-up of blocks, so I am good to go. I have been sashing the blocks for finishing as I have been doing BOM blocks. In April, I sashed months 1 through 4, and in May I did months 5 through 8. This month, I think the goal will be to finish block 12 and get months 9 through 12 sashed. Also Renee has to pick her room color by then, so then I can go any buy backing, border fabrics and the like. She says that she most likely wants both colors in her room. She picked a lovely blue and a lovely yellow and so she will get a quilt in black, white and the room color. These 2 quilts need to be done by the time school starts back up, so while they will not finish in June, they have to finish soon.
A few updates on what is out and lying around.
1b Christmas 2 BOM – This one is out and half the blocks have had their coping borders added. I really want to just get the top done. But I will not put it away; I will figure out a back and get it sandwiched and quilted and all of that. Goal is done by my birthday!
1d Red Strings – This project has evolved over time. The 2 packages of die-cut hearts do not go together at all. I am going through and making a quilt now for my Relay For Life team, so something will be done by June 22!
2b Huge Fence Rail – There’s a huge tuck in the front of the quilt (it was quilted backing-side up) and so I am ripping a lot to smooth that out. Slowly but surely. My goal is by the end of the summer. Ripping is a fine car trip project.
2d Yellow LCRR – This one is in progress. I am quilting each block and then I will join them, using techniques from Marti Mitchell’s book. Aiming for July.
4d St. Pat’s LCRR – The top is done and I am dragging my feet on the pieced back. And then I will drag my feet with sandwiching. Goal is July. This one is my April finish.
5b Australia FQs – Sitting in the car waiting to have the binding hand-stitched down. Will be done this weekend I hope!
Post script - Now that I have seen the quilts in the new Bonnie Hunter book, I'm so glad I never used the 33 hearts package!!! I have a new idea!