Monday, December 17, 2007

Snowy Update

Just a quick update.

We got a fair amount of snow and it blew and drifted everywhere, so it’s hard to measure exactly how much. I vote for 3 to 4 inches. DD was in her glory. Ted was exhausted from shoveling.

Friday saw the most sewing of the weekend. After I got DD through her second flu shot (evidently when you’re a kid and it’s your first flu shot ever, you need a booster) with a Happy Meal from the Golden Arches, we came home and I finished all the Dad blocks. I am now the proud owner of 72 Backroads to OK blocks. And with a week to spare!!!! I also worked on my Secret Santa gift, which is an organizer roll up thing. Man, I hate sewing vinyl. Grrrr. I got that all the way done except for handstitching the binding.

Based on our familial schedule for the weekend, I did not hold out illusions of grandeur about sewing lots. I did make 3 batches of fudge, 1 batch (2 loaves) of pumpkin bread and a batch of oatmeal cinnamon chip cookies. I also tidying the kitchen as I went and also went through some paperwork. I did squeeze in a 2 hour nap and I did finish the hand sewing on the coaster and the organizer thingy. I got done nearly everything I wanted to and at a reasonable pace. And DD made it through the eye doctor.

Sunday was the Schwitzner Sibling Christmas. My FIL has children from 2 different wives, so his children get together to celebrate. My FIL called in from FL to chat with them all. My SIL had the event, as she has the biggest home. She really wanted me to do it, because I had moved and it would be a great reason to visit, but we all got somewhere between 3 and 6 inches of snow. So it was better for only our family to be on the road than their 2 families. We brought all the desserts, which explains my baking.

So now all of my Christmas shopping is done. DH needs a Secret Santa gift for work in the $10 range. I need some wrapping paper and I need to do 2 more rounds of baking, but the only things left are to pack my SS box and mail it and to finish the Dad quilt. YIPPEE!!!

No comments: