Wednesday, May 28, 2008

exhaustion update

It has been nearly 10 days since I posted. It’s been a hard 10 days.

Ted ended up in the ER last Monday and again yesterday on 2 unrelated items. The only benefit is that we have paid all of our deductibles, so it should all be covered 100%. For many days, I was Mom’s Taxi, running Ted and DD everywhere they needed to be.

DD also threw up one day last week, and that was a hard day. I felt bad for her.

We were to entertain family last Saturday, but cancelled that. We saw them in Chicago on Monday anyway. I did have part 2 of the root canal done as well.

I spent the weekend sewing as much as I could. UFO #3 is the lasagna quilt and I am hand stitching the binding down, so that one will be done soon. I did another bobbin of FMQ on the Jackson quilt. My crowning achievement was finishing 7 dozen pinwheels blocks, spinning in opposite directions (that would be 14 dozen total) for the P&P quilt I am making as a wedding gift.

I have no idea when I will get any time to sew in the next 4 weeks and I am not making that up. My main goal is to continue on this mini-challenge and before Q2 is done, I will report in to Cher how I’ve done. I do have an insurance examination for work on the 10th, and that is eating into my quilting time.

If I get any sewing time, my thoughts are to do a bit on the second lasagna quilt (step 1 is to sandwich and then a bobbin a night), a bobbin a night on the Jackson quilt, and then on to the 16-patches for the P&P quilt. The first 2 items take about an hour total, so we shall see how this goes.

If I end up with a stack of quilts next to my bed that only need the hand stitching of the binding down, that will be a huge achievement.

So hang in there, all. I’m exhausted.

No comments: