Scraps take FOREVER to cut up!
I did go into my basement yesterday and spent 15 minutes cleaning up. Now, DH had recently gone through and reconfigured the basement and it looks very nice, EXCEPT for my pit of a sewing area. So all kinds of crap got piled up on my cutting table, including all of the paperwork my DH brings home from work but doesn’t know what to do with. ARGH!
So I cleaned up the edge of my cutting table, throwing away selvedges and putting scraps in a pile on my ironing board. After 15 minutes of that, I started to cut up the scraps on the ironing board, using a really small cutting board and ruler. I cut some 1.5 squares and 1.5 x 3.5 bricks for CC, and some appropriate things for Boxy Stars and some 2.5 squares for that box (eventual goal: cathedral windows quilt) and some 2” strips for the new mystery.
I cut for like 30 minutes and I only got through half of my teeny pile. Man!
I hope to continue chipping away at it. I didn’t get to make foundations for string blocks nor prep my machine area, nor did I work on Sheri’s quilt. But I did get a lot done on my group work for class, so that has to count for something.