Well, last night I made progress on the bargello, but did not make it all the way to where I wanted to be. I did get both uphill panels done and one of the downhill panels. The downhill one required some serious unpicking, so then I quit. I thought I did pretty damned good, despite having a church meeting thrown in there last night.
So tonight’s goal becomes the last downhill panel, assembly of the top, including borders and sandwiching the quilt. I would like to quilt it tomorrow night and then just have the binding to do on Thursday. If I’m really industrious tonight, I may start the quilting process. I’m thinking of just doing simple diagonal lines every other strip and extending it through the borders. I’m marketing this one as a TV time quilt for the auction. Here’s hoping I make it.
I really like this pattern; it grew on me over time. I think I will cut some 2.5 strips and start keeping them handy. I would like to make one where the color placement of the strips is all the same and then I’d like to just make one that’s huge but all random all over. So maybe I’ll add that to the cutting list, which of course, I should start executing!