Thursday, January 31, 2013

February Goals


And here are the February goals.  Of course I am ambitious!

Easy Street – Done done.

Orca Bay – Progress.  I will be happy if it is sandwiched and somewhere in the quilting process. 

Blue Boxy Stars – Done done.  This was in January’s homework pile; I've budgeted 2 months for this one, so now it’s time to finish it!

Beau’s – Started.  Nancy, Near Philadelphia hosted two lovely swaps, a quilt for Miss Melanie and Ashley’s quilt.  If you know anything about Gone With the Wind, you can see where I got the name Beau’s quilt.  I hope to combine all these blocks, pieces and parts together into a very large quilt for my king sized bed that holds two pretty fluffy people!  Any start on this will make my day!

Homework

5 LCRR blocks – I never finished a set for a swapper and she still has one of my sets.  There are 20 blocks total, so I am doing 5 per month.

Just Takes 2 (JT2) – I diligently saved all the downloads last year for me to make them this year.  My colors are unbleached muslin and pink.  Since there are 4 Tuesdays in February, I will do 11-18.

String Blocks – Many of these were done as homework last year.  Since the quilt will be 30 blocks, I am taking a third of what is made, making enough more to get to 10 blocks, and joining them together into two rows, as the blocks are QAYG. 

Color Challenge Sampler – This is actually 2 challenges in one.  One is a color challenge and another is a monthly free sampler off of someone’s blog.  I’m combining the two.  No clue at this writing on the February color.

Yellow Log Cabin / LCRR – Completely undo one row and start sewing the top together.

BOMs

Yes I do BOMs too.  I like free ones or the ones where it’s bring your block at the appointed time and get your next block free. 

So, yeah, 2 finishes.  When I need to quilt large quilts, I take over the large kitchen table for quilting and I put up a large table in the living room to hold the quilts when they are not being quilted.  It kinda takes over the first floor.  So when I do it, I try to get a lot done.  I did this over Christmas and got 4 quilts done, so it’s worth it when I do it.  I love my very understanding family!


No comments: