Friday, January 13, 2012

January Week 2 weekday update

My week 2 goals are kind of going by the wayside, once I figured out what I wanted to do on each project for the month. It really doesn’t matter, as long as I get all of it done. At least that’s what I’m telling myself.

So far during the week, I haven’t actually done too much sewing. Monday involved a Girl Scout meeting. We did a tremendous amount of cleaning on Tuesday, which at least puts me in the right mind to sew in peace. Wednesday just sort of slipped away from me; I didn’t sew. But I did do some fabric searching, and that was involved, as our basement is a complete and utter wreck. After the fabric quest was complete, I was done for the night.

Yesterday I left work early for a snow day and I did get some sewing in. What I did accomplish was pretty good. I had found a lot of parts of things from my UFO list for the year, so I got those all filed into the 6 UFO boxes. I also moved the 6 UFO boxes out of my front entrance and into my sewing room and into their location under my sewing table. I also pulled fabrics to make more Bricks and Stepping Stones blocks, part of UFO 5c. So while I put stuff away, I actually took out more.

On to the sewing. I completed 8 Anita’s Arrowhead blocks, making my count 19. I need 25 to make the quilt 45” and not needing a border. I laid out the 5d UFO entitled Watermelon Slice and stared at it for a long while. I have a quilting plan in my mind, and even better yet, a timetable to complete it. I went through what blocks were done for the 5c UFO, and regrouped by color. I need 120 blocks, which is essentially 10 blocks per color from last year’s monochromatic challenge. Since I want all the blocks done this month, I need to do about 40 per week. So 10 were done (yellow). I completed red and blue last night. I need 10 more for this week, but since it is out and since all the fabric has been pulled to complete this, I may just persevere onwards until all 120 blocks are done. I am using them as leaders and enders for the Anita’s Arrowhead blocks, which I make 4 at a time. I also found a backing for the 5b UFO.

So with all of this being said, my weekend goals are as follows:
Finish Anita’s Arrowhead
1/3 of the quilting on 5d Watermelon Slice
Finish all the blocks on 5c and put all that fabric away

I will feel better when the area is tidy again.

No comments: