Tuesday, January 03, 2012

2012 UFOs - January is #5 - week 1

So Judy picked the UFO number on Sunday (OMG, I was stalking for this number on Sunday!) and she picked 5. So let’s take a look at the 5 box, plus the bonuses plus the homework.

Box 5

5a Snowmen – I swapped 12” snowmen blocks a while ago and also some snow FQs. Status: Flimsy.
5b Australia FQs – I received these in a secret santa type box and I need to finish this project and donate it. Status: In pieces.
5c Bricks & Stepping Stones – I started these blocks trying to make 10 per color of Judy Laquidara’s 2011 Monochromatic challenge. Status: Some blocks completed.
5d Watermelon – A Dorothy Young pattern. Status: Sandwiched.

Homework

12 Chiclets blocks
4 Old Navy Flag shirts
8 String QAYG blocks

Bonus UFOs

25 Orca Bay – The Bonnie Hunter 2011 Christmas mystery. Status: In pieces.
26 Jeanne’s Diamonds – The Dorothy Young 2011 Christmas mystery. Status: In pieces.

So from all of this, I need 2 finishes for January. Here are my goals for this week on this box. I hesitate to talk about the whole month, so let’s just start with the week.

5a Nothing.
5b I think I know what I want to do. So I will pull everything together and let it sit there for a while and let it percolate.
5c I want to make 60 black and white 4 patches and look up the colors that were 7-12.
5d Pull it out of the closet and study it. Start quilting on it and be ¼ of the way done with the quilting.

Complete the 8 string QAYG blocks.
Cut 2.5” strips for Chiclets blocks. I have a bunch of fabric lying around and so while I put it all away, I’ll just cut a strip from each one.
Nothing on the Old Navy shirts.

For Orca Bay , I will assemble a little row and a star row. I’m starting at the bottom.
For Jeanne’s Diamonds, I will put the rows together, which will leave me with a completed top without borders.

Additionally I made a mini of Jeanne’s Diamonds and that is sandwiched. I’d like to quilt it by Thursday night and bind it in the car over the weekend, as we are travelling north.

No comments: