Friday, November 13, 2009

updates

First of all, I scheduled my apicoectomy for Monday the 23rd at 1pm. I start my day in Chicago and end it in the dentist chair. What fun. I decided to pay for it by not paying any bills this pay period. While this does not make me happy, neither does tooth pain. Somewhere in there, I will make sense of the money situation.


I could schedule the dreaded apcioectomy because next week holds 4 presentations – 2 for work and 2 for class. There’s one more on November 30 and that is all. But all of the ones next week are officially a big deal, so to have them out of the way will be nice.

One crisis solved.

Since I made the executive decision to not do the final case for my marketing class, I have felt a huge burden lift from my shoulders. It was even better when the rough draft of our group project was returned to us last night. We were afraid that we had headed woefully down the wrong path. Instead, we are very much on the right path. Everyone is relieved, assignments have been doled out and now it’s crunch time. We can see the end of this nightmare. We’re the first group to present and we are elated to be done!

Second crisis solved.

I finally was able to talk to my sister on the phone uninterrupted for an hour this week. We’re all caught up and have solved all the world’s problems. She’s Republican. I’m a Democrat. We work well together, just as long as she never has to touch raw turkey.

It was good to talk to Kim about various things. We used to live 4 blocks apart. Now we live 2 hours apart, but through the miracle of the internet, I can still read the local papers and keep up on that stuff. So I still know all about the school board and the latest library news and all of that jazz. While technically not a crisis, it was good for my soul.

So, third crisis solved.

I did rearrange my schedule this week to make it to an H1N1 clinic. I have now received both my regular flu shot and my H1N1. My arm is sore. I got Renee her first round of H1N1 – she still needs another one of those and then a regular one as well. Lucky her. Ted is unprotected. Gotta fix that.

So one crisis sorta solved.

Speaking of sewing, none has happened, but that sounds like a plan tonight. I need to sew for my mental health. Yes, I know my house is cluttered and that this next week will be crazy with school and that people are coming to stay overnight before the big trip to Kansas . I need to sew. Sew be it.

A fifth crisis to be solved.

And a few to-do’s:

Roast some pumpkins and their seeds.
Mail that baby gift!!!
BBM that check.

I lead such an exciting life.

No comments: