Sunday, November 08, 2009

general stuff

It’s now the weekend and I am happy to report that I have gotten many wonderful hours of restful sleep because Ted is home. No one can make me feel more relaxed than him. It’s been this way since Day 1. So I’m doing pretty good after 2 nights of 11 hours of sleep each. I then promptly went to breakfast with some friends and that also did this body good.

I’ve figured out with my tooth that if I medicate with over the counter pain medicine BEFORE I start eating for the day, I can cope much better. Once the jaw starts working, it’s not fun until the pain meds kick in. If I can keep this regimen up after the antibiotics cease, then I can buy myself some time.

I also have put up 7 cups of parsnips and turnips for stews this winter. I still have 4 pumpkins to put up. Lucky me.

I have decided that the next step is working on the denim quilt. I went ahead and cut a bunch more circles out this week while Ted was gone. Then while the move Akeelah and the Bee was being rerun on Disney this afternoon (probably the only time that I actually condone watching Disney), I went ahead and put the squares on 50 circles. That will make 2 denim blocks. I need 25 and I think I have 3 done already. Slowly but surely.

For my next quilting project off of my UFO list, I will work on one of my reversible items. I’m not sure which one, but it will be one of them.

As long as the calendar says 2009, I get to pick my UFOs. Once the calendar rolls over, then the random number generator is involved.

No comments: