Tuesday, November 12, 2019

AOG: 11/10 - 11/12

We had snow and ice and sleet and horrible wind.  Yes I know I live in Illinois, but even we say this is about two months too early.  Anyway, back on track here:

11/10 - Thankful for my ability to knit.  Long story about how I got there, and if you go back to the beginning of the blog, there is an emotional post about knitting.  Anyway, I am grateful that I can knit.  I made great progress on a wool sweater for me and blocked Harleigh's hoodie.

11/11 - Always grateful for the service of our veterans.  My dad served in peacetime, between WWII and Vietnam.  He drove a tank on Czech border. 

On this day, I also took some time to look up community projects on my guild website and saw that they had FINALLY put up all the efforts and their requirements for which we are sewing.  I noted that I could finish up On Ringo Lake as 2 laprobes and a wheelchair cover, with one orphan block left.  That certainly beats the big quilt, which had no home.  I would love to get these 3 smaller quilts to the hand binding stage by Thanksgiving!

11/12 - I am thankful for American Express points that can be used on Amazon.  I just spent only $22 out of pocket for holiday gifts for a child on the Angel Tree at work.  I did buy about $15 of things for myself, so basically the gifts were free.  All I need to is to make a pencil pounch in her chosen colors and the gift will be complete.

Aalso grateful for a husband who will drive me to all of my evening errands tonight.

No comments: