Monday, September 02, 2019

Loopy Grad School

And as soon as I have all my goals for the Fall term figured out, along comes The Loopy Ewe with their Fall project fun.  Last school year, I didn't participate at all, and I tried Camp Loopy this summer with little success.  So I was ambivalent at best about this school year's program.

Loopy Grad School takes a project type and goes into the really crazy techniques.  Loopy Academy, its predecessor, was serious 4 school years - 8 semesters - of projects and techniques.  It was a little bit of this and a little bit of that, and when I was done (I was in the first graduating class), I learned / reinforced a lot of knowledge.  Now Loopy Academy takes it beyond.  One does not need to complete Loopy Academy before starting Grad School.  They're cool like that.

So you need to pick a project type to focus in.  They had me at steeking.  I need to learn to steek.  It was the one thing I wished I had learned in Loopy Academy.  To steek is to make a pullover sweater and then cut it up the middle to make it a cardigan.  Sounds nuts, but there times (many times) it's the best approach.

I have to pick 3 out of 5 techniques, so another will be cables and the last one is up in the air.  They do allow you to make 2 of the 3 sweaters in children's sizes, so Harleigh is getting some new knitwear...

The Loopy Ewe, how I love thee..


No comments: