Tuesday, September 03, 2019

Breaking Things Down - September

None of this will get done unless I break it down into more manageable goals.  I have to include things like quilt guild, weekly trivia, Renee being around every once in a while and going back to Four Seasons to walk.  So here's my goal list for September:

Second Floor and Stairwell - Many things are best off tackling in 15 minute increments.  There is no way to finish an entire task in a month' some of these are just so overwheming, I'd just give up.

Her bathroom - 1 hour
Green room - 4 hours
Her room, just a quick tidy up
Hallway completely cleared off - 1 hour
Ledge completely cleared off - 1 hour
Box of books gone - Ted will help me with this one
Set up table on landing
Hanging white framed pics - block out space - order some pictures
Monthly blessing routine developed for my room and bathroom - do once to see if I can get it set up
Get shoe racks
Put up scarf hangers
Her linen closet - 1 hour

Main Floor - Same as the second floor - bit by bit.

Deep clean fridge
Spices
Eat out the freezers
Get rid of piano - see if we can agree to list it as-is and set a deadline and then we will curb the damn thing
Weekly blessing routine for this floor
Set up computer desk station

Basement

Monthly blessing routine for this floor - get it built

Garage / Yard

5 boxes a week to clear floor - 20 boxes this month
Desire to get through all racks and reduce by one rack - see if we can get one done, and make enough room for the books and still have room to spare
Put yard to bed for winter - 1 yard waste bag per week, so 4 bags is the goal

Knitting

Finish 5 UFO's - finish peach striped sox, blue sweater
Block 5 finished items - block another pair of sox and the green sweater
3 pairs of spirit socks - wind yarn and use as my busy time work.  They go with me to guild and trivia and car rides, etc.
Determine Loopy Grad School projects, get yarn ordered, get started on projects

Quilting

Guinevere - Good Fortune - get this organized on the white table for work
Get the flimsy pile sandwiched and quilted and into the handwork pile - get 2 to this point
Get Licorice All-Sorts to the Flimsy stage, and hopefully add a wall hanging - cut more black and finish l/e the pieces already cut.  Evaluate what other colors are needed and how much more is needed.  Cut needs.
Renee - Dog pillow - get done this month so I can give it to her on Family Weekend
5 more things (I'm not down there right now, so I leave this open-ended for now) - sort through and pick one to complete
** added item - mail one box of donation quilts.

Handwork

Daredevils done - block 1 is done.  Get caught up.
20 DJ done - 2 done right now.  Get 5 more done.

Sewing

Harleigh's Christmas stocking - order Moana fabric and make list for shop hop for other pieces needed
Sweatshirt jacket - make the black and white one
Make pattern using interfacing for sweatshirt jacket - by making the black and white one, I want to make a pattern to turn an old quilt into a cutter quilt and make myself a jacket
Mending - Mend 5 things

Filet Crochet

Practice technique
Spiral bound the book
Finish purple cardigan edging

Tatting

Nothing right now

Holidays

My birthday - plan menu for 2 meals, childproof my house, fall decor
Halloween - I'm not  fan of this one, so I don't do much, but a little bit

Biggest thing for Holidays is getting decor figured  out.  I want to make a fall curtain and that would be wonderful.  2 table runners and some other small pieces would be nice.  For the curtain I have a vision.  I also have some pumpkins string pieced.  I just need to finish / execute stuff.

Christmas gifting

Try making freezer jam in 2 or 3 flavors and having Ted taste it.  That will let me know if we are a go or not as a gift.

Frugal

Not sure if I can build up savings at all - might be reducing the little we have - but a few loose goals are to eat at home for all meals but trivia nights.  We have no more weekends out of town scheduled this month.  Also to bring breakfast and lunch to work 50% of the time for me, at least.  Also to sign up for the easy pay thing at the gas station.

No comments: