Sunday, September 01, 2019

I'm Back

I'm back.  Renee is all moved in.   She's been through her first week of classes, and we went up to her yesterday for the first football game (NIU beat ISU).  We spent the night at the campus hotel (yes, they really have a hotel on campus), and this morning, we grabbed her  for breakfast and then we drove around the area for a while with her.  She now knows where the Schnucks is, where the Hampton Inn is, where her closest Walgreens is and most importantly, where Ollie's Homemade Custard is.  We also went to Wal-Mart and grabbed her some more snacks.  She had already sent a list home for me to buy, and today was for just like Gatorade.  We also ended up with another piece of NIU merchandise each - Renee got a soft fleece pullover, Ted got a baseball cap and I got a hoodie.

She will be down on Tuesday for a oral surgery follow-up, so it's not like we will miss her for too long.  We are thrilled on how she is holding up.

So we got home today and now I am trying to lay out plans on what I want to accomplish by December 13, when she comes home for winter break.  Then I want to break that into what I can done here in September.  That's the next post...

No comments: