Sunday, March 10, 2013

March - 1/3 Through

I've had a good couple of quilting days.  Just sayin'.  Anyway here's how March looks as we are about 1/3 of the way in.  Lord knows weather-wise it has come in like a lion.

The binding is attached on both Easter items.  I have tivo'd all of Last Resort and so I am only binding when I watch that show.  I'm trying to watch one episode per day, so slowly I am getting through all the binding.  The show is very good, but alas it has been cancelled.  When it's done, I have Arrow up next in the tivo for binding purposes.

I have been 100% unable to quilt because I quilt at my kitchen table, and right now, my kitchen table is covered in the nearly 5,000 Legos that make up the London Tower Bridge set.  I am not making this up. We are eating eclectically, since we have no table per se.  Quilting will just have to wait.  So no progress on the Blue Boxy Stars, Easy Street or finishing the baby boy blue quilt.

I also have done a fair amount of homework.  I did everything that I wanted to with the Strings quilt.  The April homework is to join the 3 sections together and bind.  I am trying to do this while I have the quilt out.  I most likely will not bind it until April, but to have it in the binding pile will be nice.  OK, maybe that's not a lot of homework, but I am pleased.

I did spend a lot of time fiddling around with the parts for Beau's quilt.  Here's a pic of what the outer border will look like.  I will need to make some additional units, but that's OK.


Before you ask, over 12 feet.  I'm not sure how this will end up, but here's the border!  This was seriously the only place I could find with enough clear real estate to lay it out.

And I did my BOM blocks for the First Saturday project, so I am ready for April.  All done!

I did finish a knitting project, but I have to weave in the ends, block it, etc.  But I'm close.  Both crochet projects are moving along as well.

I have struggled with the idea of not starting anything new.  This has been a lot harder than I thought.  But it is proving to be a good exercise in discipline.

In other news, my college alma maters are both doing well at men's basketball.  This is a lot of fun to follow.



No comments: