Tuesday, June 16, 2009

10 in 101

There’s a challenge out here called 101 Things in 1001 Days. It is actually fascinating; list 101 things that you want to do (the bucket list) and/or 101 things that you have been procrastinating on. I’ve started this once before and one of the first things I completed was switching my mortgage from monthly to bi-weekly and I’ve saved like $100,000 in interest or something crazy. Well worth my time. However, 101 is a lot for me to focus on. So some people chop it into smaller pieces. I’ve even seen things like 3 in 30.

With the summer term for me ending in 9 days (but who’s counting?), I’m going to see if there are 10 things I can do in 101 days. Not quite the same as the 101, but more bite-sixed. This would give me 7 items that would be completely done and others that would have progress. Sometimes, that has to be enough.

Start Date: 06/22/09 (my sister’s birthday)
End Date: 09/29/09 (my birthday)
Yes, it’s only 99 days

1. Complete the grandmother's flower garden quilt (progress is plenty, trust me)
Goal: finish the barnyard flower and green flower. Start diamonds process.

24. Work my way through the Alphabet reading a book by authors whose last name begins with each letter. I didn’t mean I have to read in alphabetical order, just that I have to read a book for every letter.
Brown – The da Vinci Code
Moore – The Stupidest Angel
Goal: Read 2 more books.

• 16. make candles just once
Goal: Complete the mission

• 44. climb a rock wall
Goal: A friend’s kids want to come down to our wall, so maybe then.

• 52. start DH’s 401k
Goal: Fix this mess.

D. Finish my CPCU
Goal: Pass CPCU 530 – test date is 08/19/09

K. Pay off Ted’s student loan
Goal: Current balance is 3800 – get to 2000 left

U. Use up 100 yards in 2009
Goal: Get to only 40 yards left in the dash.

• Make some fabric grocery bags and stop using plastic ones
Goal: Just Do It

64. Communicate with my DH’s grandma once a month
Goal: 3 times

• Eat Meatless one night a week for two months
Goal: Just Do It

9. Complete the woods sampler – restarted on smaller canvas.
Goal: Progress. Not sure how best to do this, but some progress would be good.

• 87. Buy 33 new CD’s (like 1 per month) – DH and I are doing this one together.
Genesis – blue box – 6 CDs
Genesis – red box – 10 CDs
Genesis – green box – 13 CDs
Goal: See if Ted’s bought 4 more CDs. Which I bet he has.

• 19. See the movie Crash
Goal: Stalk the Tivo.

Unrelated: Renew CPA Registration!!!! This only comes up once every 3 years and it’s due 09/30/09, so I thought I’d put it on here just in case.

No comments: