Saturday, February 02, 2008

SNOW DAY!

It was a great snow day. I haven't had one as an adult ever, so we had lots of fun. I put 2 rows together of my batik lover's quilt and did 2 sides of the piano key border. I did study 2 chapters for school. We shovelled snow while DD played in it and then I made blondies with cinnamon chips. Yummy! And had hot cocoa! Penny, the whole area was just shut down, so your niece was no doubt at home. They don't exactly plow well. At least my prof let us out early on Thursday night by half an hour.

Today we need to run to Morton to get the back for the batik lover's quilt. It's for DH and so he has to pick the back. I'm hanging this quilt in a show in March, so I need to shake a leg on it. It is turning out beautiful. DH just loves batiks, and it was a guild swap last year for the blocks, so it seemed like a perfect fit. Of course, there's nothing like waiting until the last minute to get it done!

No comments: