Sunday, July 21, 2019

The Block That Started It All

The Dear Jane saga continues.

So, one member of my DJ small group was planning on attending the DJ meetup / retreat held periodically in Indiana, with Barbara Papadakis herself in attendance.  This guild member has attended several times and so knew Barbara well enough to know that the following was possible.

If Barbara is presented with a D-13 Field of Dreams block, she will autograph it for you to put in your Baby Jane.  Our guild member was willing to do this for us if we gave her the block.

I was on that, man. 


I picked that fabric because I love it.  I have found it in my travels in pink and purple as well.  (Yes, I am doing my Baby Jane in 30's, as it will remind me of my dad, born in 1935.) 

So then after having the aforementioned fabric placement crisis, I realized to get this effort off the ground this time, I HAD to find this block and mark it as green in the grid so I could do other blocks.

Whew.

I've done this and it means that the center square (always the best choice in Holly wood Squares) is pink  The corners are pink.  I am thrilled.  I might like pink.

So now it's time to get going.  I believe the goal this week is to take a piece of paper in the box, find its color and make it.  Don't care which block, just get one done.


2 comments:

julieQ said...

I love your block...wow! Signed! That is a treasure!

Binsa said...

Loved seeing your block, I have started to revisit Dear Jane, motivation from Julie