Saturday, July 20, 2019

Oh, Dear....Jane!

Oh Dear!!  Oh Dear!!

When Julie over at JulieKQuilts put up this post about Dear Jane, I said, why not?  So here I am and welcome if you come from that link!

Now that I declared myself, I better get going.  So I went to the basement where my studio is and tried to find my Dear Jane stuff.  Had a mild panic attack when it wasn't where I thought it would be.  Rifled through things - may have made a mess - not sure, was in a state of panic - will assess damage later.  Then I went to my trusty green notebook and looked at my inventory listing and it told me right where my DJ stuff was.  Amen for documentation.

So here's my DJ stuff:


I then had to dig for the book, which was of course at the bottom.  Not only was there fabric and the rulers in there but a whole ton of papers that I had copied from the book.  Clearly, I have tried in the past to get this project off the ground.  Found the book.  I needed the book to figure out where I was.

See, last time I valiantly tried to work on this effort, it was with a small group from my local guild. One member said she had to have the fabric matched to each block before she could start.  Some said that they wanted theirs to be monochromatic (oh, the idea of an all-pink one!).  Another was doing hers is redwork.   I thought I would let color placement fall  where it may. 

However I kept getting pulled back to the idea that Jane herself originally had, which was basically a barn-raising effect on the color placement.  After that  I threw up my hands, packed it away and here we are.

So how does all of this come together?  Stay tuned for the post about The Block That Started It All.



1 comment:

julieQ said...

AWESOME!!! Giggle...that box thing looks familiar. My quilt was in a box too!!