Sunday, July 28, 2019

Of course, it's G-5 Poof


Here's my G-5 Poof, done in yellow.  It was done by hand, and frankly my handwork needs some work.  One stripe is a bit wider than the other and my applique of the poof is so-so.  We shall see how things look by the end of this effort.

Time to explain the title of the post.  Years (and I mean years) ago, I joined a swap of lots of people.  We were each to make a DJ block multiple times and swap with a siggie square.  Many dropped out, but we had about 20 or so by the end.  I picked G-5 Poof.

I made the swap into a wall hanging which is at work.  It's called International Jane, as many blocks came from overseas.  I had so many leftover Poofs that they are the 4 corners of the wall hanging!

So of course when it was the first loose paper in the pile, it just made me giggle.  Of course.  It had to be.  How could  it NOT be? 

It was a full sheet of paper, so the next block up is G-6 Papa's Star, to be done in orange.  I now realize I am woefully low on orange.

And while doing this first block, I had an idea!  Stay tuned for how that idea turns out....

2 comments:

Robin said...

Enjoyed your story. I can't imagine making the same DJ block over and over. Wow! That's dedication.

Binsa said...

Enjoyed seeing your do block