Sunday, July 14, 2019

Q3 2019 UFO Finish


As I am #3 or #4 on the Queen's List, it's time for a finish, don't you all think?

A few years ago I asked to join a swap that revolved around the baseball season.  Long story short, lots of 6.5 inch charms are swapped each fall among the members.  And so each year I try to find a pattern that lets me use up the squares all together. 

I love the double slice pattern, but instead of starting with 10 inch layer cake squares and cutting and sewing and subcutting (ugh), I actually just cut pieces 5 by 6.5 or 5 by 3.5. I have a shoebox where I put the cut pieces when I process scraps and when it's full, it's time to make a donation quilt.   So I cut the 6.5 charms into these sizes, which left me with a strip from the large cut and a rectangle from the small cut.  I believe those just got processed in with the other scrap stash.  I don't believe I had quite enough charms so my stash supplemented the rest.

So here it is:  the Baseball Swap Double Slice.  Its owner has not yet been revealed to me.

Stats:

54 x 63
5.13 yards used

And with that, I will ask to be moved down!


No comments: