Monday, July 22, 2019

Monday Post About July

Updates on July goals...

Knitting - I have no desire to do the August Camp Loopy challenge and I was killing myself to get July done.  I decided to just chill out and not worry about completing anything on time. 

That being said, I did get some more of the body of the June challenge completed, as well as the second sleeve.  I use it for knitting in the car, at the dentist, the doctor, pub trivia, etc. 

The black Faroese shawl has a 12 row repeat and my goal is to get 1 repeat done per week.  It will take a while but the rows keep getting longer to knit.  Weekend mornings are the best time, as that is when the room is brightest, as the yarn is black.

Quilting - well of course, nothing new really.  Biggest thing is that I joined the Dear Jane challenge to do one block a week. 

We've been go-go-go for many weekends so I will be happy to be home and then to go into the basement and declutter and sew.  I need to make sense of the space.  And I hate to go down there now because Ted is not just gaming; he is frequently watching training videos for the new system at work.  So I do not want or wish to disturb him if he is actually working.

In many ways, life is in this holding pattern of getting ready to send Renee off to college.  There are things that have to be done and things I want to do that will be so much easier once she is gone. 

No comments: