Monday, April 15, 2019

Mid-Month Report

A mid-month update...

Quilting

Retirement quilt - flimsy - not even started, but I have decided to use the Quiltworx approach.  More prep work up front, but more mental health saved in the long run.

Fruit Cups - done done - not even touched

Scrappy tumblers quilt - done done - brought upstairs for handwork

Stars in Her Crown -  centers done - no progress, but I am going to hand piece this.  No point i getting frustrated with paper piecing when I am only making one of each thing.

BOM - to handwork stage - not even touched

Licorice All-Sorts - use as a leader and ender, so as far as I can get - not even touched

Harleigh's Easter gift - done done - not even touched and may sub something else for her Easter gift.

Knitting

Block 3 things - not even started

Get to 17" on fade sweater vest - not even touched

Mend 1 thing - not done

Crochet

Finishing on blue afghan - not even touched

Assess granny square afghan and get it half way to done - not even touched

Other

Braid t-shirt strips during the news every day (this will be sewn into a rug) - sadly, not touched

OK so it looks like I've done nothing and in many ways, it feels that way.  In my defense, I was gone 5 of the first 15 days of April, so there's that.  So here's my back half re-focus:

Quilting:

Scrappy Tumblers will get done.  Has to.
Retirement quilt - get going on it.  I have a feeling once I get going, it will be fine.  I need blocks of time and that is hard to come by, but I will have to force it I think.
Siggie Swap - just got the blocks back, so I want to get this done.  It's only 2 feet square, so not a lot of work.

Knitting:

Block 3 things
Knit on anything.

Crochet:

Work on both afghans.

Other:

Start braiding.  Try to double up

No comments: