Sunday, April 14, 2019

Last Weekend Was Sun....

...and today we have snow. 

Last weekend, I was in sunny Florida.  My sister had to go for work on the Monday, so we left the Friday before and flew home on Tuesday.  She had a good work trip, and we had a good time. 

On the Saturday, we drove around to various places to see various schools and neighborhoods.  Kim's looking for a new job, so if she was interested in a particular school, we drove and found it, looked around for apartments, checked out where stuff was, etc.  While we were travelling to and fro, our old (and I mean she's now 85+ years old) neighbor called Kim.  This woman taught Kim to sew, who then in turn taught me.  While on the call, I realized that this woman needs a quilt from me, and thus the Good Fortune quilt has revealed its owner to me.  I now I have a renewed interest in finishing this quilt.  Yay!

On Sunday, we went to Universal and saw all kinds of Harry Potter.  We did the following:

Went to Gringott's and exchanged some muggle money
Got a butterbeer and a green fishy ale
Ate at the 3 Broomsticks
Got ice cream at Florean Fortescue's
Bought an interactive wand
Cast some spells - Kim loved the mermaid ones and I loved the tape measure on the lapel at the robes shop
Travelled both ways on the Hogwarts Express
Bought a chocolate frog and some peppermint toads
Explored all the shops

We did not ride the rides.  I do not do heat and yes 80 is hot to me. 

Monday she worked and I went to a quilt shop and a yarn shop and generally rested.  Her day was extremely successful (6 job offers in 5 hours), and so we celebrated at a local food joint where we were the only gringos and I had to order (badly) in Spanish, but OMG - guanabana!!!!!!  Guanabana is a fruit we had in Puerto Rico as a slushie and to find it on the mainland was amazing.  Renee was insanely jealous.  Kim had some and was a convert.

Tuesday we flew home and we had to circle SHARPLY at Midway twice and that was not fun for me.  My sister has never seen me have a panic/anxiety attack before (it's really super-rare for me) and she knew I was really just a hot mess.  Happy to hit the ground.

So that was last weekend.  Today?  I'm in central IL and it's snowing right now outside.  Yay.


No comments: