Saturday, May 04, 2013

May the Fourth be with You

Yep, it's May 4 and that means it's Star Wars Day.  I was debating which order to watch the movies in, and after I saw the quip that tomorrow is the Revenge of the Fifth, then I know that the order would be the theatrical release.  We watched A New Hope, The Empire Strikes Back and The Return of the Jedi today, and tonight we are going to see Iron Man 3 not in 3D (3D does not agree with us).  Tomorrow will be Phantom Menace, The Attack of the Clones and Revenge of the Sith.  This is great fun.

I have had one finish this month - X's and O's blue boy at 48 inches square.  I have 30 more inches of binding on the blue D9P and that will be done.  Then the pink boxy stars is up and then Easy Street.  I'm watching Project Runway while I stitch and since the season is over, I am able to watch one episode per day and get through the whole season quickly.

I was working in my sewing space today during Ep IV and Ep VI.  I sorted through some thread donations, did 3 BOM blocks (due tomorrow), and did the remainder of the 4-patches for the Bricks & Stepping Stones matchstick units I need to complete.  Believe it or not, those darn 4-patches drive me nuts!  So I am glad that is done.

Tomorrow I hope to finish up pink boxy stars so it can be ready for handsewing and then do the 3 BOM blocks that I pick up tomorrow.  I don't know what else I might do; I may clean and organize.

I found another top and backing that just needs to be sandwiched and quilted.  Guess I'll try to get that to the binding stage this month, just like Orca Bay....

No comments: