Monday, April 01, 2013

April Goals


On to Q2!  I have high hopes for Q2 in lots of areas of my life and so sewing may take a back seat.  If I can get to the 4th of July with 2 more UFO finishes I will be pleased.  But of course I want more than that!

Quilts to be done done:

Bricks & Stepping Stones – for a wedding gift.
Sunrise Point
X’s and O’s blue boy
Blue Boxy Stars
BOM jacket – I have a completed BOM that I think would make a lovely jacket.  I want to wear it for a conference on April 18, so I best get cracking!

Projects to work on:

Thimbles BOM -  finish top without borders.  I am making this reversible with a Sister’s Choice.
Sister’s Choice – I can finally start new things!  I will use the Thimbles BOM to figure out how many Sister’s choice blocks I need.  For April, make all 9 patches.
Orca Bay – quilt this.
Beau’s – make the center, which is the huge 25-patch, the coping border, the inner box (with the column units), the next coping border and the first round of Mellie’s quilt blocks around the outside.

Homework.  Since the strings blocks are all done, there’s some shifting here.  That’s fine; keeps me interested.

5 LCRR blocks – I did nothing on these and so I have 15 to do.  Finish and mail these.
Just Takes 2 (JT2) – To complete April’s pdf’s, I would have also assembled one quadrant of the quilt, but not be as far block-wise.  We shall see if I also get through block 36.
Color Challenge Sampler – moving this to BOM status, because that is what it is.
Yellow Log Cabin / LCRR – Frogging 4 blocks would be good.
Batik Weed Whacker – Part of the Pay It Forward (PIF) challenge.  Blocks are started; I just want it done.  This month, all the blocks.
Hopscotch – complete the top.

BOMs – These I’m caught up on. Easy to maintain.

And I need 2 wall hangings for an event on April 21.

Now of course, that I see the list I’ve made for myself, I am indeed nutso.  I’d be lucky to complete this by the end of June, much less the end of April.  But a girl can dream!

No comments: