Sunday, March 10, 2019

In My Defense...

I know I said I planned to post once a week, but last week got away from me.  In my defense, I was sick.

On March 1, I drove north to my sister's high school and watched the Disney musical Newsies, based on the 1899 newsboy strike in New York.  My sister was the Assistant Director, and since is this her year of retirement, it was her swan song for the theatre department.  So I went.  

But I had an ulterior motive.  

Most weeks, Ted and I play pub trivia.  Sometimes Renee joins us, sometimes not.  (I don't cook when there's trivia, so her motive is free food.)  We play with another couple and another friend and her FIL.  The 3 ladies were all in grad school together and have remained friends ever since.  Sometimes trivia has theme nights and when it's Disney, we go and even add in another couple for fun.  

The one thing we ALWAYS get wrong is Newsies.  Every. Single. Question.

I told Kim I was on a mission, explained the situation and she got me a ticket.  

The show was incredible.  Far above high school level - at the collegiate level, and I think I can say that, as my college theatre department had a Broadway actor as its head.  (In fact, the head set guy on Newsies actually went to my college when the Broadway actor was there.  I told Kim this was officially a big deal.  She did not doubt me.)  They were judged for some honors.  I hope they get tons of accolades!

So Saturday morning, we went t o breakfast as a family - just Kim and me - to a place we had gone to since we were kids.  We have no memories of our first time there - we just always went there.  Twas delicious and then I headed home.

I was dying of thirst.  And then a migraine started.  I made the decision to power through and not stop anywhere.  The drive is 2 hours.  I was also trying to beat bad weather, which I did.

I got home and collapsed.  I would get up, made it about an hour sitting and then back to bed.  I chugged a lot of water.  It was a long day.

Sunday was less worse, but no desire for food.  I made a whole chicken - nice bland food.  

Monday was a day off for me and Ted - it was David's 20th birthday and we felt it was worth a day off.  Renee came down with how I felt midday and I told the nurse to sent her home.  I made chicken and noodles for dinner - more bland food.

So I was Saturday into Sunday.  Renee was Monday into Tuesday.  Ted was Wednesday into Thursday.  Friday was a low key day but we all made it to school / work.   We survived.

And so went the week.


No comments: