Tuesday, April 03, 2018

Where my time has actually been going

Walk walk walk on the treadmill of doom.

That would be the Cliff Notes version.  But yes there has been a lot of walking.   I decided to really get serious about it in January, then I slacked a bit and then in February, it all just clicked.  I am doing it for reals.

A few factors, some of which I will explain, and some that I won't, at least right now. 

My daughter explained to me that children get their accents from their friends and not their family.  Extending that corollary, the company I keep has changed.  Fitness is in.  One person does not know what I am doing.  Another does and is incredibly discreet about it - maybe an occasional comment one on one but not in a group.  3 others are in the same age group as me and we have a walking group whenever work has a challenge - we all sit be each other and we are encouraging.

Hogwarts Running Club.  Trust me, this has been invaluable.  Harry Potter not your thing? $10 bets that there is a fandom for you that does this. 

Crazy life goals.  I'm approaching a big birthday and I have a few crazy-pants goals.  Swimmer Katie Ledecky said this about goals: 

I would encourage you to set really high goals. Set goals that, when you set them, you think they're impossible. But then every day you can work towards them, and anything is possible, so keep working hard and follow your dreams.

When I am ready to reveal my crazy-pans goals, I will.  I am trying a few on for size.

All of this being said, there will be posts about where I am at goals-wise. 

No comments: