Sunday, April 01, 2018

Q1 is Done

The first quarter of 2018 is done.  Today is Easter Sunday and it's snowing.  April Fool's!

The first quarter went pretty well regarding crafting.  I am working on my final term of Loopy Academy and I am so grateful to have a great niece to make a sweater for instead of me.  She's a size 2T.  I'm not.  

On the quilting front, I have done a lot.  I am trying to adapt various techniques to keep the mojo flowing.  I am using JOT - just one thing.  It is rougher for me with the machine on the main floor and the ironing station downstairs but hey I gotta do what I gotta do.  I also have started to use the OMG concept - one monthly goal.  My monthly goal is one top completed.  I realize that there is usually one top and an alternate.  

Then I got a wild hair and I decided to do a reverse WITB - what's in the box.  Most do the WITB to empty it.  I chose to take a basket and fill it with everything in my UFO pile that I seriously want to work on.  I let all responsibility go and just picked fun things or easy things or even similar things.  The laundry basket sits in my living room and it hopefully won't take me all year to empty it, but it will be fun.  

So how successful have I been so far this year?  1 have 3 tops completed, and one is already quilted and bound - my Q1 finish.  Not great but enough for now.

No comments: