Monday, April 09, 2018

11 years and 1 year

Today marks my 11th work anniversary.  It is the longest I have ever worked anywhere, as the job market and benefits here are so very different than Chicagoland.  I have a pension, thus making the decision to switch jobs so much more complex.  I am very happy where I am.

Today also marks 1 year since I figured out a few things about my UFOs. 

Last year I figured out that I had over 200 UFO's.  In fairness, some are just collections of fabric with no idea, just that they need to stay together.  However, I cataloged about 90 and then stopped, figuring I had hit about half way.  A year later and more poking around the sewing space, and I think 200 is about right.

So I vowed last April 9 that I had to do 10 UFO's a year.  I don't care about new starts as long as they are finished.  I just have to do 10 UFO's a year.  Even the one finish that I had for Q1 of this year doesn't technically count because it was started last summer.  The 2 tops that I have completed so far this year do count and they even have backs ready, so that's a huge start.  I also have planned a week long staycation this month and I have a minor goal of 4 tops done and a lofty goal of 8 items ready to have their bindings hand-sewn down. 

This is my kind of goal.

No comments: