On the sixth, seventh and eighth days of Shutdown, my true love gave to me....
...an insane desire to finish this project! Boxing Day measures 61 * 69 and busted 6.32 yards of fabric.
After finishing the Christmas 2 BOM quilt, I was bound and determined to get rid of my Christmas fabrics. I mean, I wanted them G O N E. So I spent the week before Christmas going through all of those scraps and cutting as many 2" strips as a I could (I had a fair amount already cut up from a project from 2011). On December 23rd I started attaching the strips in a QAYG fashion. I went as far as I could with the strips I had. When I ran out of the various random pieces I had, I was done. The width was determined by the yardage I got for the back, which is a funky pink retro pink and white holiday fabric, which is very complimentary to the pink ornament fabric in the top. Yesterday I finished the strips and today I did the binding while my DD has a friend over. Both girls gave it a thumbs-up.
Face it, this is ugly-cute. I can't bear to part with it. And yes, there are still scraps left, but I am done for this year.
So far this shutdown, I have busted about 30 yards of fabric and 2 items on my UFO list. I don't know if I will get any more finishes in this year, but if that's all that happens here on Shutdown, it was not bad.
And to those who have asked about the Christmas 2 BOM quilt and the extra point, Ellen did contact me, confirmed my math and gave me the extra point.
Meanwhile, my DD is conspiring for a sleepover!