On the fourth day of Christmas, my true love gave to me...
..a workday of quilting because it was Christmas Eve. I worked a lot on my Christmas UFO, plus I started sewing a new quilt that evening.
On the fifth day of Christmas, my true love gave to me...
...a finish! This UFO entitled Christmas 2 BOM used up 9.33 yards of fabric and it's 80 inches square.
This quilt of course has a story. Way back when we still lived in Brookfield, I did 2 different BOMs at 2 different shops. Each month, I also made the block out of my Christmas stash, which was made up of remnants and deep sales at Joann's, etc. Of course, one set of blocks finished at 9 and the other at 10. And to do this setting, I needed the 25th block. Then we moved and it languished.
I decided this fall that this was it. It had to be done. So I drug it out, sashed the blocks to make them all the same size, made the 25th block, set the whole nightmare together and then did the inner border. I then worked my butt off on that outer pieced border; some of those rectangles are crumb blocks!
And then I got stumped after Thanksgiving on how to quilt it. No joke it sat there giving me the stink eye (one person said it was looking at me askance and I said it was looking at me like o.O). Anyway, I asked my DH what to do and he said (because he values his marriage and my sanity) to just do some diagonal lines. I fought this thing. Putting 80 inches on point through the DSM is like 120 inches and that is no small feat! After it was quilted, my DH did explain that he felt that the quilt could have standed some beautiful quilting in the setting triangles and borders, but he knew I was at my wit's end. He's a smart guy, that Ted of mine.
Anyway, on Christmas Eve I attached the binding and on Christmas Day I handsewed the binding down while watching a lot of Harry Potter movies. A Christmas quilt ready on Christmas - a Christmas miracle, according to a friend of mine!