Friday, May 27, 2011

Back at it

Well, I am happy to report that since my last post, I feel less worse. While that means I’m not 100% (for example, today I woke up with a sore throat), I am at least functioning better. So I am just going to embrace that and move on with it. I do know that I was consuming a fair amount of soda, and when I figured out that the soda was contributing to my malaise, I went cold turkey. This is not easy, folks. I puffy-heart love soda. I would give my right arm for a Coke. It’s really that hard. And really that necessary for me to give up all carbonation. I told both Ted and Renee that I was giving up soda, as warning all people that are hosting various events I need to attend. I’m going with water only, and milk if I want it. This switch alone has made me feel better, although my coffee consumption is up to replace the lost caffeine.

OK, on to crafty things. I did a cupcake block swap with a yahoo group and I’m waiting for the blocks to return. This was a fusible appliqué only swap; we can sew down using whatever method works for us. I made extra blocks so that I can make a bigger quilt when the come back. I cannot wait!

Otherwise I’m working on yarn gifts for both a birthday and Father’s Day that are coming up here in June. I don’t know what I will work on this weekend, but I’ll figure something out. Believe it or not, I’m in the mood to clean my room this weekend – declutter, switch the wardrobe seasons and prepare the side of my bed with various handwork projects for those few minutes before bed.

No comments: