Friday, January 15, 2010

check in

I must be the worst blogger out there, but Bonnie Hunter over at Quiltville is feeling just about as guilty as I am!

Things are going along. I started class again this week – I’m 2/3 of the way done, so 1/3 to go. I’ll get half of that 1/3 done this term, so although it will be crazy, it will be progress towards the finish. So of course that means the homework has started. Lucky me.

Right now, Ted is in Boston attending ALA. Renee and I are two girls on a mission not to spend any money while Ted is gone. This means that our meals and entertainment will need to be free or at home.

Last night, we hosted my friend Tracy for dinner and a dessert tea. Tracy is a single woman who admittedly doesn’t cook. She is also an avid tea drinker. She came and spent about 2 and a half hours with us. It was fun.

Tonight, we plan on running to Target. Renee has gotten taller, so she needs some sweatpants here for the remainder of winter. This does not count toward our ‘free’ weekend; this is just a convenient time to get this done. Renee also received a Target gift card for Christmas, so she can buy herself a toy or something. Then we plan on coming home and doing dinner and a movie. I’m making bean soup in the crockpot and I’ll whip up some mac and cheese for her. The movie selection is Julie & Julia. Renee insists she’ll hate; I’m pretty sure she will enjoy it.

I just reserved the movie at a redbox and man, that was a nice little process. Coolio – I will swing by and pick it up tonight, return it tomorrow morning and it’s a buck. While it’s not quite Netflix, for the busy grad student, it appears to be the way to go.

Tomorrow and Sunday hold equally interesting plans, including more tea parties, some sewing, some quilting, some cleaning, some fudge and some swimming.

No comments: