Friday, October 02, 2009

Yes, It Got Worse

OK, for the record, my life just got worse.

In a week that could be described as the Week from Hell by a Thousand Little Slights, it has officially just gotten worse. Let us list the slights, shall we?

It was my birthday and everyone at work forgot
The food day this week was for a wedding
I had a 100 degree fever for 2 days, one of them being my birthday and I had to work
I had a midterm
The midterm had questions with ‘for option d – a and b are correct and option e – all are correct’
My dog died (seriously - she was put down on Wednesday)
I’m out of PTO
I have a Brownie mom who refuses to volunteer
I am exhausted
I got a C on my marketing case

And lastly, the icing on the cake…

The MBA program has gotten rid of the one class I wanted to take – Accountants as ITS Professionals. Totally up my alley. Totally me. Totally justifies my degree to my job. Well, now it’s gone.

And so I have to take another semester to find another elective that will not kill me, like let’s say derivatives or financial planning or international marketing.

Revised graduation date is 05/11. I will still be 40.

There are 2 good things that came out of this process of reviewing the MBA tentative 4 year class schedule. One is that since I really had to review every elective available to determine my options, I have found a class that I think will be meaningful. The other is that my last year will be 1 class at a time, which is a significantly less stressful load.

Excuse me while I go assume the fetal position now.

1 comment:

Cindy said...

I just found your blog...another crafty accountant in IL!!!

I'm a proud graduate of the ISU Accounting M.S. program, and am a CPA as well.

Hope all goes well with your MBA quest...hang in there :)