Monday, January 04, 2021

Frugal Challenge Days 2, 3 and 4

Day 2 was long term goals.  Ha Ha Ha!  That's all been covered in the last posts!

Day 3 was the 72 hour rule before buying anything.  I will remember to be mindful.  Of course I actually bought something that day, but it had been 3 days!  I was able to buy the $9 item with Amex points, so technically it was free.  Right now I am making a quilt stop list and I have 3 things on it.  I do have gift certificates for the shop, so when I go, I can offset the expense.

Day 4, which was today, was buying food for a week and then committing to eat that food!  I did meal plan yesterday and I am good through Friday and there are ideas for the weekend.  I broadly plan about 20 meals out and then list about 6 to 8 that I am willing to make over a 5 day period and work that way.  Not too shabby.

I did plan a takeout lunch for Friday, but I am grabbing 2 meals and going into the office to meet my new boss.  She has been there a month, but it's not like we can go to the cafeteria or anything.  So we will eat and yak and all of that.  



No comments: