Tuesday, June 04, 2019

Well, Hello There!

I know none of you can see this because it's from behind the scenes, but hello from my new-to-me laptop.

About a year ago, I was time-sharing my laptop with my DD.  She had it most of the time and was gaming on it.  She killed it; it wasn't that kind of laptop.  She burned it out. 

So a replacement was purchased, but it was for her and at a gaming level.  She will take it to college.

Meanwhile, I haven't had a device of my own for a year.  I had just moved to a work laptop when this incident happened, so I figured I would cope.  But it is still life without access to your own laptop at any time, which is really nice.

Fast forward to the end of the school year, and since we chose to rent a device for the 4 years of high school (many advantages), the device was wiped and available to us once she graduated.  She went and picked it up today, the first day of availability.  It took us a bit, but we got the free copy of Windows 10 installed (she did it - I suck), I got Chrome installed and here we are. 

I am back!  With a (smallish) real screen!  And a (tiny) keyboard! 

So now I can blog again with regularity, instead of trying to cope around everyone else.

No comments: