Sunday, November 30, 2014

And this weekend.

No doubt, this will be in the last post in the weekend series.

Thanksgiving went fantastically.  It all came together, leftovers are nearly gone, we made people take the desserts back with them, etc.

Friday was a slow day of everyone doing what they enjoy, around dishes, kitchen duty and laundry.  It was also the day the first clue of the Bonnie Hunter Quiltville Grand Illusion mystery.  I dutifully completed clue 1 on Friday.  My schedule for the upcoming week had me out nearly every night.

Saturday I awoke to news on Facebook that Grandma Mary's older sister Flora had suffered a massive stroke.  Turns out Gma Mary had been calling Flora all day on Friday and wasn't getting an answer.  So Gma calls Flora's son who lives close by, and they find her.  (This does beg the question why that son's family was not in touch with Flora daily like my MIL is in touch with her mother daily.  Don't get us started.)

Last night, again via Facebook, we received word that Aunt Flora, aged 95.5, had passed.  2 of her kids live in the west, so we await arrangements.  So an already crammed week for me, and Renee, and Ted, is completely up in the air.  Travel is about 3 hours each way, as they are farther north in the Chicago suburbs than my family or my MIL.

In other good news, I ordered my last project's yarn at The Loopy Ewe.  In annoying news, the sock I started was one size too small, so as ye knit, so shall ye rip.


No comments: