Wednesday, August 07, 2019

Cash/Credit Goals


I continue to think about the financial / lifestyle goals from The Prudent Homemaker.  (I was also thinking about when FAFSA would get my parent plus loan on Renee’s account, but that finally happened and I am in good shape mentally.)  I know the first goals for 2 financial things and how to incrementally grow them.  On the 7th of each month is the best day to assess them – the biggest bills are paid and whatever is left in my account is truly ours.  So here we go.

Cash Goal        $1000 saved up between all 3 savings accounts
Credit Goal       $1000 reduction in the Discover card balance

Now the Discover card is a dicey topic.  I want it gone, but it has the capacity to handle a lot of emergencies if needed.  Renee’s implant will go on there; there’s nothing else that can be done.  So the Discover card balance will not be listed until September 7, after the tooth is on there. 

Here’s where things stand on Aug 7:

Cash Goal        $824.16 – need 175.84 to meet goal.

Let’s see if I can find that between now and September 7!

No comments: