(As I type that post title, I realize I need to do my monthly report for work…)
Not too many posts here in March, but I can say that on the health front, I have survived the withdrawal from soda and now can walk without thinking. I know that sounds really odd, but walking without thinking is a huge achievement! I am moving slowly but I am moving.
On the Dear Jane front, I misplaced the 3 blocks I had completed and that took the wind out of my sails. Then I tried printing from the software and that hasn’t gone well either; now my laptop doesn’t recognize the printer. This all was very discouraging.
So I decided to work on some other sewing. I did get the last 2 sections of Celtic Solstice made, sandwiched, quilted and trimmed. Then I did go ahead and do all the vertical joins. I am now sewing the strips down on the backside, as those strips cover the seams. That handwork takes time and it’s awkward to do, but the effect is worth it. This one will be a finish sooner rather than later. Then next up was a spring quilt that came into my mind.
Someone on Stashbusters indicated that a tumbler shape upside down is really a flower pot if you’d like. That was all the inspiration that I needed. I belong to Keepsake Quilting’s Bits & Pieces club and one month they sent over 300 die cut shapes and in different months I received lots of tumblers. The flowers in the die cut pack were all batik, so I used my batik tumblers. I also had another pack from the club that were 20 bright batik 10 inch squares. I found some white in my stash and of course I had green strings….
The 10 inch squares became 20 double slice squares. I have 6 panels that are 1 double slice square wide and 2 long and each of those has a flower pot with 3 flowers in it. The center is 2 double slice blocks by 2 double slice blocks and it has a flower box with 5 flowers in it. All the block work is done; all I have to do is assemble the blocks and move it forward. And of course I’m making a mini one block version for my cube. I hope to finish both of these within the month of April because well, it’s April!
And of course I have been knitting.
So slowly but surely it’s coming back together. My goals for April are as follows:
2 sections of Grand Illusion quilted
All green blocks for Grand Illusion done
All handwork for joining seams done on Celtic Solstice
Blue snow blocks into a top
2 or 3 sets of split 9 patch blocks
4 mug rugs
1 DJ block per day
Finish spring flowers quilt
Finish spring flowers wall hanging
Shawl – sections 2 – 5
Slippers – done
Sweater – body done
And blog more. Life is finally coming back to normal. Amen.