Friday, January 01, 2021

Frugal Challenge Day 1

 So last time, I wrote:

I want to be 100% out of debt.  This is doable, based on current trajectory of things.  We refinanced to a 15 year mortgage a while ago, car stuff should sort itself out, Renee's student loans will need some prepayment, but I have that sorted in my mind, etc.

I need to do some planning for retirement.  Kim retired at 56.  I of course work in a different industry, so my planning is different.  I have a decision point in April 2028, so I need to set some goals for that timeframe.  

I need to ramp up Coverlets & Counterpanes.  The long term goal for that is for that to be the side gig for retirement; the proverbial pizza & beer money.  I need to do a bit of a business plan and build up some inventory.  I'm just being a bit lazy here; I freely admit it.

So here I sit on January 1, 2021 (Happy New Year!) (Stay inside - it's an ice storm out there!), thinking about these goals in a jumbled fashion.  I've joined the Frugalwoods Uber Challenge and today is thinking about goals.

The above goals are still my goals.  They are pretty much my 10 year goals.  Now I need to break it down into 1 year goals here for 2021, and then even further into quarters and months.  I'm going to give each of them their own posts this month, and I'll start with Debt.



No comments: