Sunday, March 31, 2019

Twelve

Before I explain the title to the post, a few updates...

I feel much better about working on one deadline quilt at a time.  If I do that, I feel like I'm making progress and then the other stuff I am working on is stuff is that lying around from Magpie Syndrome.  I did finally get the right sized ream of newsprint, so that does help.  I did enlarge the pattern as I was supposed to.  I still haven't found the gift certificate, but I'm not giving up hope.

So today's post is brought to you by the number 12.  Why 12?  Because we moved here 12 years ago during spring break.  I have the actual date written down somewhere,but I just observe it during spring break week and call it good.  We moved during Renee's Kindergarten year.  Last week, we made the reservations at a local park for her high school graduation party. 

Overall, it's been good.  I've been involved, sometimes more intensely than others, with Girl Scouts.  I've done some other volunteering as well, and overall, my active volunteering days are over I think.  I am just tired and people either want me to lead things or do accounting things and those are my day jobs and I don't really need more of that.  Volunteering for 2 hours to hand out t-shirts?  Sure!  Volunteer at the food bank and make pallets?  Great!  Organize a badge training for 70 girls?  No thank you.  I'm glad I figured this out about myself.

Workwise, it's been overall good.  The bad 2.5 years actually got me the job I have now, so it all worked out in the end.  I'm so happy this all worked out.

Housewise, it's time to do some updating!  We've done pretty much nothing, and it shows.  "Pride of home ownership" would not be the words I would use to describe my home right now.  I think it will be better once she heads off to college and he and I can just work on stuff.  This is fixable and doable and all fine.

Quilting-wise, which is more like craft-wise, I got back into knitting and learned how to crochet.  Both things make me happy.  I finished a baby blue afghan last night after we came home from Admitted Student Day.  It's nice to have 3 crafts and all of their stuff everywhere - you can be creative at any time.

So sums up how I feel at year 12.

On to other fun stuff!  While I am woefully behind in my reading of stashbuster email, I did sneak around for what is the April pre-cut for the challenge and it is shapes, namely tumblers and apple cores.  Whoo hoo!  I've got one sitting the thhe handwork pile, but I did a little review of my sewing area and lo and behold!  There's another tumbler quilt in process.  This one is number 4 of 5 in a series of food quilts I am doing.  This one is Fruit Cups.  I would love to complete it this month, so I will make that a goal.

No comments: