Sunday, September 06, 2020

6 Months In

 It's Labor Day weekend and we are pretty much 6 months in captivity sheltering in place working from home.  Many things are the same and a few things have changed and many things are just like whatever.  It's all good.

I have been told that I will be working from home through the end of the year.  Additionally, they have asked us if we are interested in the arrangement for a more permanent arrangement.  While all of this has been going on, I've actually been in the office more often than normal, moving things and packing up my temp workspace for them to move me back up to my new workspace.  While the new workspace seems smaller (there is way less drawer space), it really isn't.  I haven't needed any paperwork at all for the last 6 months, so I think it will all work out.  Plus I lost a shelf, but by changing jobs, I pared down so much junk on the desktop that I can put my books back on that back desk space.  It's all working out.  Ted's also home, so basically the work side of things remain the same.  

Renee has returned to school, even though most of it is remote learning.  She is doing fine.  She was home these last 6 months and she was ready to go back to school.  So while it's a change, it's actually just what it should be.

On the crafty front, I was going great guns for a while there, with one creative finish per week.  Then I just didn't keep it up.  I need to get back on this and also get caught up.  I am about 9 weeks behind!  Things just got weird and I am not sure how it all happened, but I'm trying to get back into the groove.  There are 2 shop hops coming up, so I hope that helps.

No comments: